Friday, 28 November 2014

Daily Exercise and todays talking point is a little more like an introduction about me and my background.

FITNESS AND KNOWLEDGE DAILY...

TODAYS WORKOUT OF THE DAY

20 PRESS UP AND SQUAT THRUST
20 OBLIQUE CRUNCHES (PER SIDE)
20 SIT UP, STAND UPS
10 PUSH-UPS WITH AN ALTERNATING KNEE TO ELBOW
20 PLANK TO PRESS UP POSITION AND REPEAT (TWO ROUNDS)
20 PRISONER STYLE CROSSOVER LUNGES
20 STANDING JUMPS (TWO ROUNDS)
25 PRESS UP POSITION TO 'T' LEFT AND RIGHT (THREE SETS)

TODAYS TALKING POINT


"So who am I...?"

OK. Here's the skinny. Admittedly I'm new to writing a combined blog and daily exercise routine. As professional as I'd like to be if I don't inject some personality you guys will switch off so here we go... 

For those who follow me elsewhere you have followed my posts and know my background daily workouts are not new. For those of you who don't here's a little about my experience and why I chose to write a blog. 

I have worked in the fitness and health industry for nineteen years, since being a teenager (yes, have been around a while but I try to keep current).

I am co-owner and instructor in a doc site martial arts club chain and we also franchise sites out to our black belts should they have the ambition and drive to strike out on their own once they have passed to black belt and gained the necessary supervised teaching experience. 

On top of our martial arts clubs we have a family gym and I have my own personal gym facility within one of our full time martial arts centres, it's more spit and sawdust than sparkle and shine but it's my little piece of me and it works well for my PT clients too. 

Whilst not working within martial arts I consult for a London based company and travel the length and breadth of the UK helping to bring new PT's into what is a very competitive industry. I do this by offering training derived from the successful systems pioneered in the United States.

I also work for a large North West based manufacturer and distributor of fitness equipment across the UK and Europe where I run their training and education program making sure the end user gets the education to use the equipment to maximise their results.

Last but by no means least I am the UK's master trainer on selected lines under the Icon health and fitness brand, THE largest multi billion dollar health and fitness company from the United States.

I have spent a portion of my life travelling Australia where fitness is not a chore or a bragging right, its a way of life. I found this outlook very inspiring and quickly adopted it myself. I am PT and nutrition qualified, group exercise qualified and of course I'm a black belt. I have also spent time training with the Americans, Spanish, Persians, Swedish, Koreans and many more. Training with so many like minded foreign nationals convinced me to blog. 

Too often in the UK knowledge is treated as and abused just like power. As if sharing what we know devalues the product. In the UK instructors sell themselves so who would want to sell themselves short!? This  is totally upside down as an approach to marketing. Don't sell yourself, don't even sell your knowledge, sell the product! The product is your end result. Andrew Jobes trained with me and lost 10% body fat and now he looks and feels fantastic! Lyndsey Morcambe dropped 3 stone Os body fat and got into that wedding dress! 

Knowledge is not power for one person to distribute as they see fit, knowledge is empowerment for every man, woman and child. If a child asks you how to do a sum or read a word we educate happily and readily without thinking of how much we will make. Charge for your time, for results and for your care rather than charging because what you know is the secret they want. 

Those are the reasons I choose to blog. Pooling our resources means we all get a little something and isn't a little if something better than a whole lot of nothing?

Enjoy the workouts. Learn a little something new and become better, faster, fitter, stronger and live longer. As the yoga community say, Namaste - "I bow to the divine in you,"

This being an anonymous blog I have left out a lot of detail but with luck this brief overview gives you an idea of my background, my passion and my ability to speak to you on whatever topic of the day we pick. Please feel free to post your requests if you have a topic of the day you want to see on the blog and I will do my best to deal with all requests as they come in.

Regards,

Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment